With a history of 130 years and a huge legacy both in the Life Sector and the General Sectors, Ethniki Hellenic General Insurance (National Insurance) has made its name synonymous with security and absolute credibility.
In spite of the adverse effects on the domestic economy brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, the firm posted higher first-half 2020 results, compared to the same period a year earlier.
Having harmonized with the requirements of the new Solvency II Supervisory Framework, Ethniki Insurance continues to grow rapidly by investing in innovation and by constantly improving its infrastructure.
Thanks to its dynamic sales networks, modernized structures, continuing training and friendly service, the insurer always stands by the Greek citizen. With 13 Administrative Branches, 1,800 exclusive partnership insurance agents in 140 Corporate Network offices across the country and 1,341 independent agents and brokers, Ethniki Insurance has created a flexible and efficient network that can promptly and effectively respond to the ever-changing market needs. To meet the specific needs, the Company has developed a specialized range of products and services for both individuals and businesses.
Throughout its long history, Ethniki Insurance has consistently served its anthropocentric vision, through the implementation of a major program of Corporate Social Responsibility actions. Having developed an ethical obligation to function reciprocally in the socio-economic environment in which it operates, the Company implements several sustainable development practices, giving priority to four pillars of corporate responsibility: Society, Human Resources, Environment and Market.
Having successfully adapted to the new conditions brought about by Covid-19, Ethniki Insurance continues to actively support the collective effort to reduce the unprecedented effects of the pandemic, by supporting the Public Health System and the Ministry of Education, among others.
The following actions were taken in 2019:
– 47% of the Company’s employees attended training programs;
– more than 40 charities and social organizations were financially supported;
– replaced old lamps with LEDs in the Central Building Complex and in 5 other large buildings;
– 9.5 tons of paper and 97 kg of household batteries were recycled.
Being faithful to the values of Arts and Culture, Ethniki Insurance has undertaken to take care of the permanent operation of two special venues in one of its central Athens buildings (4 Korai Street):
- “Historical Memory 1941-1944 Venue”: A unique monument of Greece’s modern history, which brings alive the historical memory from WWII and German occupation to today’s reality.
- Art Venue “STOart KORAI”: It was Created in 2015 and is already a reference point in the country’s cultural life, hosting periodic non-commercial exhibitions by artists.
The successful course and timeless values of Ethniki Hellenic General Insurance are a guarantee for its more than 1.0 million policyholders. It is these values that make the Company one of the main players in Greece’s private insurance.